Convenient, structured payments for an outstanding education
Save with GEMS Rewards
As a Premium School, school fees are inclusive of:
- Textbooks (on loan)
- Supplementary books (on loan)
- Materials (including school supplies in Elementary years)
Our tuition fees are not inclusive of uniforms, lunches or school transport. The school operates a bus service on a fee-for-service basis. You can contact the Administration Officer for further details on bus services.
The following school fees are subject to change.
2019-2020 SCHOOL FEES
|Grade||Age on September 1, 2019||Tuition Fee (Dhs)|
For Kindergarten (KG1) entry, students must turn 4 years old by 31st December in the year of admission, or 5 years old by 31st December in the year of admission for KG2 entry, and so on.
IB Diploma Examination Fees
Grade 12 IB Exams incur an additional charge per exam taken.
Fee for New Admissions
For new admissions, a fee equivalent to 5% of the Annual tuition fees will be due upon acceptance of the Offer Letter and confirmation of enrolment in the applicable academic year.
This fee is non-refundable/non-transferable but adjustable against the first term tuition fee once the student joins the school. This fee is refundable if the parent gives notice of withdrawal before the beginning of the academic year, as per ADEK policy.
In order to secure the seat for the next academic year, parents will be asked to pay a non-refundable re-enrolment fee of 5% which is adjustable against the first term fees. Please note, students who are unable to be registered with the ministry due to missing required documentation, or students with an outstanding fee balance, will not be able to be re-enroll for the next academic year.
Refund of Tuition Fees
Student withdrawal during the school term/semester
- If a student attends any part of week one of the term or fails to show up at all without the Parent/Guardian notifying the school in writing sufficiently in advance before the beginning of a term. In such a case, the school may retain the value of the registration or re-registration fees.
- If a student attends from one week and up to three weeks in a term, the school may retain the value of one full month of tuition fees.
- If a student attends over three weeks and up to six weeks in a term, the school may retain the value of two full months of tuition fees.
- If a student attends over six weeks in a term, the school may retain the full term fee.
Methods of Payment
Payment of the first term’s fees is due on or before the first day of the academic year.
We accept the following methods of payment:
- Current-dated cheque (made out to GEMS American Academy, Abu Dhabi)
- Credit card
- Wire transfer (please contact our accounts department for details)
Disclaimer: “Please note that school fees for the upcoming academic year are subject to change in accordance with Article 51 the Bylaw of Federal Law No. (28) of 1999 Concerning Private Education and applicable regulations.”