ACHIEVING OUR VISION
Curriculum: American Common Core Standards.
Framework: IB Primary Years Programme.
Through a play-based learning approach we have:
- 15 Kindergarten classes: 7 KG1 and 8 KG2.
- 23 Early childhood specialized teachers.
- 22 Educational assistants.
- 1 Counselor and 2 Early Years Inclusion Specialists.
Purposeful facilities that support learning:
- The Kitchen lab cultivates science and inquiry as well as hygiene and safety practices.
- Students develop techniques in aquatics and safety in the swimming pool.
- Our outdoor learning areas enhance gross motor skills and fosters an active learning.
- Early literacy skills and a love of books is promoted in the KG library.
- The Auditorium brings us together as a community to celebrate our learning.
Innovation and Technology:
- Our research-based approach ensures learning engagements remain current.
- Makerspace in every classroom ensures that students use design-oriented thinking to plan, create and build their ideas.
- The provision of iPads in the classroom include a range of educational applications and understanding how to use technology responsibly.
- All classrooms are equipped with interactive white boards and Apple TV’s to accommodate all learning styles in a fun and engaging way.
Student support and well-being:
- Mindfulness practice is intertwined in our day through the MindUp Curriculum.
- Through the Zones of Regulation, students develop their self-management skills.
- Inclusive practice with the student support team, ensures every child has access to an outstanding education.