Our Mission and Vision
We Inspire. We Educate. We Lead. We Innovate.
GEMS American Academy provides a rigorous academic program to our international learning community. As a selective international school, our mission is to inspire, educate, lead and innovate.
In our GAA learning community:
- We inspire through a well-balanced educational experience that celebrates cultural diversity.
- We educate through high academic standards, global values and unique approaches to learning.
- We lead through cutting edge learning tools, environments and experiences.
- We innovate through creativity, inquiry and a common desire for a better future.
- We strive to inspire, educate, lead and innovate within a culture of kindness that promotes success for all.
At GEMS American Academy (GAA) we provide each student with a holistic, inquiry based, engaging program of studies. We prepare each student to be an internationally minded citizen who takes action to contribute positively to their community and the world.
Our program brings together the best curricula in the world incorporating International Baccalaureate (IB) Scope and Sequence, Project AERO (American Education Reaches Out/Common Core), National Arts Standards, and the UAE Ministry of Education.
We are proud to be an IB World School offering the Primary Years Programme and Diploma Programme accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC); guided by the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC).
Culture of Kindness
At GAA, we pride ourselves on our Culture of Kindness. It is more than just a motto, but rather a way of living. It is something that you feel when you walk through our halls, something you see on the playground, and something you hear in the classrooms. The Culture of Kindness is an expectation of all students, teachers, administrators, support staff, in fact the whole school community. Supported by the IB Learner Profile and the ADEC Student Competence Framework (SCF), our homeroom classes in the elementary school and advisory program in the secondary school provide opportunities for students to learn about and practice using the character traits and values that foster a Culture of Kindness.